Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Some of the Funniest Tweets from Election Night

In between watching election coverage and wondering “Do they pay these people to look happy and dance?” I was checking my twitter feed. When it was all over, I just couldn't let these be a blip in the social media sphere.

Now, I did not do a search for election tweets, these are from my feed. I'm sure there are other most excellent tweets out there, and if so, please comment below and share them! I also excluded tweets with R-rated language - unfortunately that cut out a few superb ones. And, these happen to lean towards the Dem side. That was unplanned, but I'm not going to apologize for that! I suppose Democrats are funnier? (KIDDING)

Here you will find jabs at: CNN, FOX, Real Housewives of NYC, and making fun of ourselves, and a few that feel a little too close to the truth (see "Pot > Rape" and the one where a 4 year old says Romney "... thinks black people are aliens.").  OH! How could I forget?! THERE ARE ALSO TWEETS THAT MAKE FUN OF 
DONALD TRUMP. Read on and enjoy.




















So, there you go. Lots of jokes for the hardy-hearted, and one life-lesson: When the going gets tough, if you’re worried or depressed, turn to twitter. Your fellow humans won’t let you sink into anything too deep.

I leave you with one final joke shared by a friend of mine, which she entitled "Colorado Contact High:"


Quote your favorite pre-, during, and post-election tweets in the comment section below! 


3 comments:

  1. This is a most excellent round-up (and I'm not just saying that because I was included in it)! Thanks for putting it together and making Twitter so fun for everyone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious. They were all so witty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... and this just got RT'ed, FB'ed, and like'ed.

    ReplyDelete